What are wedding planners? As a couple planning to tie the knot, you may have heard of them and the services they provide. But what exactly do planners do? If you’re wondering how a planner can help, then read on!
You Don’t Have to Have a Stressful Wedding Day
If you are like most couples, you want to ensure that your wedding day is a special and memorable one. You want to be present with your loved ones and for everything to run as smoothly as possible. But with all the details that need to be taken care of, from the vendor selection to the actual logistics of your big day, it can easily get overwhelming.
That’s where wedding planners come in. A planner will guide you through the planning process from beginning to end, they provide expertise, support, their connections, and templates. A planner offers the guidance you need to make sure that your wedding day runs smoothly and without any hassles. Wedding planners can be highly beneficial, particularly for couples who lead busy lives, live far way from the wedding venue, or aren’t enjoying the wedding planning process. Hiring a wedding planner can relieve a lot of stress and concern, leaving you more time to enjoy yourself leading up to the big event!
Wedding Planners’ Duties Include
So, what exactly does a planner do? Responsibilities typically include (but are not limited to!) the following:
- Meet with couples on a regular basis to plan wedding
- Create a planning timeline and outline a budget
- Provide vendor referrals
- Provide templates
- Provide recommendations/problem solving based on experience and industry knowledge
- Design event concept, wedding website, invitations, etc. (based on a couples’ vision)
- Schedule and attend all vendor meetings
- Manage payments and deposits
- Create detailed floor plan and timelines
- Organize and manage the budget
- Attend menu tastings and site visits
- Coordinate the use of accommodations and transportation
- Run the rehearsal
- Manage everything on the wedding day (set up, manage timeline, coordinate vendors, problem-solve, execute your vision)
- Supports and advocates for the couple, their priorities, and values
A wedding planner takes care of a broad range of responsibilities that go far beyond what is listed above. Although hiring a wedding planner is an additional expense, every couple I have worked with would agree the expense is worth every penny.
Reach out to me for more information on how I can make your day as stress-free as possible.